Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Project update

There is a great deal of information out there regarding marijuana. That variety of information covers its effects, medical aspects, how to use, why people use, legalization, sentencing, and what marijuana is. Since there is so much information out there about the topic at first I was a little worried about being able to narrow the subject down. After having the poster presentation day I was able to narrow my topic down significantly. The poster helped me out a great deal. I put a sample of all the information I had found on my poster. After presenting what I had I asked each person if they had some tips about how I should narrow down my topic and what subject matter should I mainly cover. I got a lot of feed back about maybe covering the legalization aspect of the drug. I could possibly make a comparison between the U.S. and how/why marijuana is illegal compared to another country were the drug is legal. I found this to be a really good idea because I have a great deal of information regarding the legalization portion and I feel this subject would make my paper a lot more interesting. I dont want my paper to be another common, boring, research paper talking about marijuana and what it does to people. I think that people already have some idea about what the drug can do to someone. The legalization aspect, I dont feel a lot of people know about. There is a great deal about it that I dont know and would like to inform myself about. In the end I think that my research paper will be not only interesting but also informing.

No comments: